some things change

august 26, 2023

this time of year for mamy years i would have been preparing a bag for school, with a new planner, some choice papermates, some fresh mead notebooks. school supplies. i would look forward to the cooling weather, and the season surrounding my birthday. 

this year i have a new backpack. i got some new shoes. did some shopping. but it is to prepare for a trip to croatia, for some less structured learning, but hopefully just as much engaging discourse. 

my grandfather died last year. there was so much death, and just as it felt like we had adapted to covid, my grandfather lost his fight with time. and i didn't even want to attend the funeral, i was so spent on spending time with people who didn't really know me. so over being in spaces that require me to be a bit less myself. 

this end of summer i had my first waffle cone of the season, better late than never with my mom, a thursday she came to town by herself. we got dessert after dinner simce she decided to make it her cheat day. 

i am planning and organizing for a trip across the ocean, and it reminds me somehow of my trip to italy, which i suppose was the last time i went to europe. 

Comments

Popular Posts