i want

i want to send you electronic hugs and kisses and tell you good morning when you're the first person i think of when i wake up.

i want you to tell me about what you feel, what you fear, what you have realized in working through your pain.

i want to tell you how beautiful you are and see in your eyes you feel the same way about me.

i want to sing to myself in the kitchen, washing the dishes we just used to eat a dinner we just ate together.

i want to have trouble sleeping because we're talking to one another from adjacent pillows.

i want to go on adventures with you and take selfies of our pit stops.

i want to have songs that remind me of times we spent together.

i want to feel the safety of your arms around me, my chest pressed against yours, heartbeats racing and then relaxing as we breathe each other in.

i want to hide my eyes in your sleeve at the parts of movies when it's the kind of violence that makes me cringe, and laugh together at the sensational gore that makes life seem subtle.

i want to go camping with you.

i want to introduce you to my friends and my family.

i want to build something with you that forever challenges the notion of the average relationship.

i want you to see me better than i see myself sometimes, and remind you how amazing you are as well.

i want to share an intimacy with you that neither of us have experienced before.

and i want to keep hoping for these things.

Comments

Popular Posts