familiar to the touch

from sometime last summer (2011)

I just want somebody who can hold my body and make it feel like it was meant to be.  for a kiss to be bliss and for him to miss me when I’m not around. 

but that’s the lament of another girl
and I don’t want to be her
and keeping my distance
and going after the inaccessible
makes it easy to control my heart.

last night was…ahhhh.  just good.
because I knew how he would feel
and how he would enjoy the moment
and appreciate the therapy of it all.

he said, “that’s good for the soul.” 
I said, “it only is with certain people…it always is with you.”
and it was a moment that solidified the moment for me.
I thought of all the times he and I had…
and how they had occurred at different points in our lives
when we were pursuing different things—
working in such different directions and yet
fundamentally similar
and capable of engaging in such a mutually passionate
intimate moment.
and appreciating it for what it was
which is something beautiful
and stress-relieving
and pleasurable
and distracting
and
ahhhhhhhhh.
it doesn’t matter that I didn’t get off
and that’s hard for men to understand
(and they bring it up a lot)
there is a release in the act. 
going through the motions
that transpire according to the desires of each person
literally cooperating for that peak.
but for me it happens every instant of the instance.
every touch, every taste, every sound and smell
every breath, every moan, every fingernail against skin
every lick, every nibble, every teeth pulling a lip or earlobe,
traveling over the landscape of the human body
is never disappointing in and of itself
but there is so much more that is there
when there is a genuine connection.
add to that the years and experiences that have shaped
two people as individuals, and you have a meeting
of the minds and bodies and souls.
a beautiful moment.  a fleeting escape
and return.

Comments

Popular Posts